Sunday, November 6, 2011

Engagement

Next step is engagement! We decided pretty quickly that we wanted to get married! I like to joke that all i said during the "get to know you" process was "how many kids do you want?" Kirk "5" Me "ok me too, let's get married" haha It felt that easy! 
Kirk and i were invited up to Sedona to visit (or in my case, meet) his aunt Jean & uncle Bill!
I had never been and during November it was still snowing! 
After arriving and saying hi kirk wanted to show me around town! We went to a few shops then headed to a resort not far from his uncle's house!
We brought bread to feed the ducks and walked around the pretty grounds and by the little river!
At one moment i had this strange feeling and kirk reached into his pocket to grab his..........phone! My heart skipped a beat and i thought to myself "what in the world am i getting myself excited for?"
Then Kirk and i sat down on a bench and just watched the ducks!


After a few minutes he told me how sweet i was and how much he loved being with me! Then...
he got down on one knee...



and asked if i would marry him! 
i was so surprised the first words out of my mouth were "are you serious!?" haha 
but yes he was!
and, of course, i said yes!



After a few minutes kirk started looking around....
i was wondering what was going on so i looked behind me and there were 2 sneaky photographers hiding in the bushes! His sister Kimber and bro-in-law Casey!
Photos courtesy of them :)



He gave me an Irish Clatter ring for my first engagement ring before i got my other engagement ring!
ive wanted one since i was younger!





No comments:

Post a Comment