Sunday, August 11, 2013

My husband is HOME!!

After I got home from California Kirk was getting tired of being in Louisiana! He worked so hard this summer working 6 days a week, from the meeting every day at 12 until late at night, never getting a summer vacation and starting right when school ended in May! The original plan was to leave Saturday, August 17 and be home by Sunday the 18 to start school Monday! Kirk couldnt wait that long!

Saturday the 10th Kirk went to work at 9am and called me while he was at lunch with the guys at a BBQ place! After work he went to the movies with the guys and called me after around 1230! The next morning he started heading home, midday he told me he had just made it to the other side of Dallas and had booked a hotel for the night closer to New Mexico! 

Later that day he said he was going through a security check point for border patrol...which I thought was a little weird because he couldnt have driven that far south in that short of time!

Sunday afternoon I was invited to have dinner at Sam and Cherri's house and help make dinner! On my way up there while I was on the freeway Kirk called me! I told him I was headed to dinner and he said "i think you should go home"...I said what? He said "you should just skip it and go home". I said "Im going to stay the night at your parents house why would I go home?" and he said "because you should just sleep at home tonight." So I told him "I dont want to sleep alone" and he said "what if I told you, you wouldnt be alone..."

I was a little confused at first but then I realized that meant Kirk would be HOME!! So I said "are you going to be home? Are you serious? Where are you?" haha Kirk said he was just on the other side of Phoenix and would be home in about 30 mins! I was SO excited! He told me to leave dinner ASAP and meet him at home!

So while I was helping with dinner I told Blair "I have to go home real quick...I forgot something" and she said "no dont go home, we can do without whatever you forgot." I was so excited that I just snuck right out without saying another word and raced down the freeway home!

I was SOOOO excited to see Kirk and give him a big hug! We hung out for a little bit by ourselves then drove together to dinner! When we walked in I heard everyone say "oh Whitney's back" then Annalee and Phoebe ran to the door and yelled "KIRKY!!" so everyone came to the door and gave Kirk a hug! They were all so surprised! Im glad he got to spend some time at home to relax before school started and got to spend the week with Casey, Kimber and Maxson!

I could not be happier that my husband is home!!

1 comment: