Tuesday, August 6, 2013

California Love

Thursday morning Sam, Cherri and I woke up early and left for California! The ride was fun we talked a lot, tried to stop for ice cream at a shop that ended up being closed, got to know each other, Sam slept and got frosty's at Wendy's!


Sam didnt like the sun on him so he used the sun shade like a blanket!

 Once we finally got to Newport we stopped at Jan and Jim's house but they werent home! We drove to the Newport Temple and found a Chipotle to eat dinner at! We drove aimlessly, found the beach, walked around the pier and near Balboa Island! We got a call from Jim that they were home so we headed over to say hi and drop off our stuff! 

 Jan insisted we go to Balboa Island and get frozen bananas at the original shop! They were so good and all the shops on Balboa Island were so cute! To get off the island we drove the car on to a ferry boat and it took us across the water! Im kind of leery of boats but it was really cool! We pulled up to the dock next to a party that was going on inside a big boat where people were drinking, dancing and throwing up over the sides! haha

The next day Logan and Blair showed up with the girls! Jim also left to pick up an old Japanese exchange student that was coming to visit them for a while! They hadnt seen her since 1982!
She was fascinated by Annalee and Phoebe and tried her best the next few days to get a good picture of them but each time they would shy away! 
We swam at their house and hung out and talked! Their cousin Coralyn came over one night to hang out...it was fun getting to know her! 
Jim cooked up breakfast and dinner every day! It was pretty awesome! 

Friday we went to Acapulco for lunch! It was a good Mexican buffet! 
Afterwards we walked around the Newport pier and beach!



While at the beach, I was playing with Annalee and Phoebe in the sand and they chucked it all over me...down my shirt, in my hair and in my mouth! 


Saturday we got up and went to a different beach! We spent a couple hours there it was pretty fun! It was right by a train track and it would come every 20 mins or so and blow its horn! Ive never seen a track right off the beach! Casey, Kimber and Maxson also joined us! 






Sunday we got up, got ready for church, took some pics and headed to the closest church building! Half the ward was visitors and some were fellow Arizonians! After church we packed things up, Jim gave the boys a ride in his vintage VW bug, and I rocked Maxson to sleep! He's so sweet!
We also spent a couple of our nights playing cards! I learned some of the games are a big deal for the Woodruff's and I must learn them soon to be a part of their fun!

 


Sunday afternoon we left for the resort about an hour away in Carslbad! 
Monday we spent the day at the beach! I got pretty sunburned on Saturday so I tried to take it easy...which wasnt hard because it was overcast and a little chilly! 

I took one of Kirk's hats in his memory!


 I tried for a good 30 minutes to teach Phoebe the ways of selling and purchasing...
I would say "Phoebe I would like to buy the markers you have" and I would give her 3 fake dollars! Then she would ask for my coloring book and I would say "that will be 5 dollars."
I thought she was getting the hang of it but when I asked how much her crayons were she said "umm...free"
I said "no Phoebe, I would like to BUY them...how much money is it?" 
She would say "um their free...free dollars" 
(and no, she wasnt saying 3, she can say 3 perfectly fine!)
She gave me everything I wanted for free while I charged her double to have everything back!

One day Phoebe...one day!

I did, however, teach her about services and that if she rubbed my feet I would give her 50 cents!
Annalee wanted in on that action and also got 50 cents for rubbing my feet!


The last thing we did on Monday was have a little bonfire...and by bonfire I mean little flame inside a BBQ! Can you believe they took out all the firepits and put up signs that said "no fires"??
So we improvised and it turned out fine! 
Side note: do not use extra extra large marshmallows...they will need to be cooked one layer at a time!


Tuesday we spent some time driving to Laguna Beach, swimming in the resort pool and packing up! We had dinner and left around 6pm! The girls slept most of the way home since it was dark and Annalee had her first day of school the next morning! 
Logan, Blair and I talked and talked and talked....
It was fun! They dropped me off just after midnight! 
Im so glad I got to go it was fun!

1 comment:

  1. haha teaching phoebe, teaching her the ways of money, that was seriously one of the funniest things to listen to!

    ReplyDelete