Friday, May 17, 2013

First Week of the Summer!

We finally made it to our hotel in Longview, Texas which is really close to the border of Louisiana! We hung out there a bit and met up with some of the other guys! I went to their first meeting just to see how things were going and they went out knocking a few times! It was kind of rainy and cloudy most of the time! On Wednesday night I was laying in bed looking at the weather report on my phone and it said there were some storms! So we turned on the weather channel and it was reporting a tornado watch on the west side of Dallas...a few tornados had hit in Gransbury, Tx. Longview is on the east side of Dallas and the storm was headed our way!


 It was warning of thunderstorms and it wouldnt be clearing up til morning! Kirk was pretty calm about the news, one of his buddies driving here was going thru Dallas and said the tornado sirens were going off! After hearing all this news I pretty much had a panic attack! Ive never been very close to a tornado (and granted I was at least 2 hours away) but I did NOT like the fact that we were in tornado alley! It's a big fear of mine! So I sat on the bed hyperventilating, shaking, eventually crying and Kirk just looked at me like I was crazy! He fell asleep and I stayed awake watching tv and checking the weather channel every 20/30 mins until 4am! Then I fell asleep once they said we were in the clear!

Thursday morning we woke up and drove to Louisiana! Its very green, luscious and humid! Kirk's manager, Mark Hall, asked me to help out with some licensing so I made some calls during the 3 hour drive to Alexandria! We finally made it to the Candlewood Suites extended stay hotel! Its pretty nice! It feels like a mini apartment! Kirk has his goals up on the wall so he can see them and stay motivated! He also reads sales books before work...he's such a good salesman!


The next few days the guys drove to Texas and Mississippi to knock some doors! The girls just stayed in our rooms and hung out!
Its definitely different than last year with all the people and wives...this year theres about 6 other guys, 4 other wives (2 are pregnant) and 3 little kids! We met up on Friday afternoon to plan some fun things to do while our husbands work! We still spend a lot of time cooped up in our rooms!


No comments:

Post a Comment