Saturday, February 18, 2012

Bridal Shower at Blair's


My new mother-in-law, Cherri and my new sister-in-law, Blair threw a bridal shower for me at Blair's house! They made the decorations and had a nice set up of desserts!

It was mostly family but a few other friends and ward members came. I got alot of nice gifts, lots of kitchen stuff, and a few little girly things! Kirk's cousins April has a sense of humor and was secretly writing down things I was saying and my first responses for each gift that I opened! Then at the end of the party she said that she wanted to read her version of what I would say to Kirk on our wedding night! She proceeded to read all of my comments, adding her own voices and exaggerating each one! She said things like "Oh, this one is SO big." and "Is it just me or is it really HOT in here?" and "Oh, this feels so GOOD!" I must admit it was funny but no one really knew how to react! haha We all just sat there staring! 
Everything was wonderful and everyone was so kind and thoughtful! I felt a little weird with all the attention on me but that is to be expected at things like this! 

Blair made this invite! Its so cute!







I was definitely spoiled!

Britley brought me all my gifts!

This is from Cherri, my new mother-in-law! haha

Me, my mom and Shelly Beckstead 
(my sister Alyn was there but she was taking the pics)

Aunt Jean, Cherri and Marie Kammerer behind her

Great Grandma Gertie and Emmie

 My cousin Alicia and her daughter Iliana

 Grandma Kelly

 Breeley

 Great Grandma Gertie and my aunt Diane

Blair interviewed me and had previously interviewed Kirk with the same questions! After I answered she read me all Kirk's responses! Some matched some didnt! It was pretty fun!

1. Where did you first meet?
Kirk: a game night at Colby Chiles house
Whitney: a friend's house playing Mafia. Kirk was so quiet, Whitney accused him of being Mafia. He offered her a ride home.

2. What was your first impression of her? Him?
Kirk: that she was very sweet/nice. Plus obviously very pretty and mature. And Hot. Very Hot. 
Whitney:  He was quiet. Too quiet. And the most mature of all the boys there. And really nice. And that he hated my boyfriend. 

3. How long was it until your first Kiss?
Kirk: the 3rd or 4th time we hung out just me and her.
Whitney: we met in Dec. Started dating in Aug. 3 days after we started hanging out.

4. What did you do on your first date:
Kirk: we hung out in my room and talked for 3 or 4 hours.
Whitney: long boarding and we went to dinner.

5: If she was a shoe what kind of a shoe would she be?
Kirk: she would be high heels b/c she's my runway model wife. I would be an athletic shoe.
Whitney: He would be nice looking but everyday shoes. Creative Recs. I would be Vans.

6: Where would she go on her dream vacation:
Kirk: Hawaii, because she likes the beach. I don't think she'd like to leave the country. Me, Cancun.
Whitney: I'd choose tropical. He'd want to go back to mexico or colorado.

7. How many kids does she want:
Kirk: At least 5.
Whitney: At least 5.

8: What is her best feature:
Kirk: Do I have to pick one? Her Eyes. She would pick my eyes too.
Whitney: He said my hair looks nice. His eyes.

9. What is her dominating personality trait?
Kirk: She's Nice. Also afraid of confrontation. Me, I'm calm, easy going.
Whitney: He thinks I talk too much. He's responsible and mature.

10. What would she spend her extra/frivolous money on?
Kirk: Clothes. Me too.
Whitney:  Clothes. He'd spend his on shoes/watches.

11. If she was a sport what would it be?
Kirk: Dance, because she is graceful and elegant. 
Whitney: He probably said cheerleader because I'm wild and crazy. He would be a dirtbiker.

12. What is her favorite food/place to eat?
Kirk: Pulled pork. She likes In&Out and Texas Roadhouse. Me, I like peas :) and Texas Roadhouse.
Whitney: Rubios. I like all food. He likes subs or Mexican. He likes BBQ. I hate peas.

13. Between you two, which is more likely to sleep in on a day off?
Kirk: She is.
Whitney: Me.

14. If she were an animal what would she be? What is her favorite?
Kirk: A Swan. But her fav is a boxer dog. Mine is Dog too.
Whiteney: Dogs. A boxer. He likes dogs too.

15. What is your inside joke/phrase?
Kirk: I always offer her milk.
Whitney: whenever we are shopping and I say I want a shirt or something  he says, "I need it! I need it! Buy it! Buy it right now! And then I don't get it.


No comments:

Post a Comment